Reading Part 2
In this part of the exam you will read five descriptions of people and eight short texts on a variety of subjects. You need to match each person to one of the eight texts.
The focus of this exam is reading for detail.
- Read and underline the key facts about each person before you read the eight short texts.
- Read the short texts as quickly as possible to get a general idea of what it is about (scan).
- Read again more carefully (scan) to look for specific information
- You may need to paraphrase (read and understand the same thing written in a different way), using different words and phrases. This is where your knowledge of vocabulary is important.
- Do not leave any questions unanswered. If you are not sure of the answer, make a guess.
- Eliminate the paragraphs you have already used, or are certain are not the answer. Then concentrate on the paragraphs that remain.